Monday 25 January 2016

Sugar, sugar, honey, honey!

Well hello, I'm sitting here listening to Ziggy Stardust, you will be sadly missed David Bowie. Ruck has gone to bed with plenty of beer in his belly and I am surrounded by chocolate, toffee, biscuits etc. Stuffing my face for no apparent reason than that it's ok coz it won't make me want to be sick. I can handle sweet more than savoury, unless I completely over do it that is. Healthy, no, bearable, yes. I have started writing this post on the same day that I just published the last one. What's that all about? Hmm getting a bit worrying when I can't keep away from my iPad for the need of getting this all off my chest!  I'm finding now that thoughts, observations, feelings effect me at different times on different days, they don't eat away at me all the time, whoops that was a bad whey to put it! But it means I have to write them down straight away as they arrive, or they are gone and I cant get them back to put into words after that....so if this post doesn't flow you'll know why.

Anyway moving on, (see what I mean)! It's a new day......well I had to go to bed sometime.

Its been nearly a year now, as you all know because I keep going on about it, but the loss is sill there. Sometimes its not so raw then other times it comes to the forefront again and bam! Where have all the glorious smells gone in the world. Is anything going to come back, is this forever? Oh I hope not, and taste? Well, as I said in my last post we were going to my sisters and her partner for Rucks Birthday and went out for a meal.  When I ordered, I asked the waitress to make sure there was no onion, garlic, etc in it and she said "ok are you allergic to onion"?  I just said yes as its the easiest option, but the truth is that onion tastes vile to me. The meal was fine actually, as I played it safe with fish and chips even though I could have had more adventurous stuff, too risky though. But we had a great weekend and that's what counts.

Oh well, that's it for this post, got a weigh in at the docs on Thursday, have I gained any weight since last time? I'll let you know.








5 comments:

  1. i love the image, and also your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm logging in as anonymous because I don't know how to do this lol. This is Shelly :) I just want to say I love your blog. You sound so much like myself with the feelings that come and go. The weight loss etc. Its going on one year for me too since my fall and TBI. You can taste onions? I can't taste a thing. Loke someone else said.....food tastes like wet paper. :( Hope this xxx mmsnt comes thru. Would love to chat more and wil keep up on your progress. I know now that I'm not alone. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you Shelly, I know how awful it is. yes please let's chat are you on Facebook, I could pm you.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete