Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Nose???

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2016 and here's hoping you're still with me on this blog! I wonder what this year will bring? The eating thing wasn't too bad over Christmas, I managed, but it definitely wasn't the same, and a lot of thought went into what I could or couldn't handle, which was great of  my family. I may not have eaten much at all otherwise.
Will I get my sense of smell back? Will I get my sense of taste back? Will I give up? No to that one. But 2015 ended up being a very bad year for me and I really don't know what to expect this year, how much fight I've got left......I'm not starting on a very good note really.
Good grief snap out of it Debbie you're going to scare everybody off before they even start reading the first post of 2016. Sorry, finished telling myself off now. Are you still here?
As I write this post it's the evening of January the 2nd so I may not finish it tonight. I had a bit of a moment when I thought I wouldn't even be able to start it......and now my heads gone so I'll try again tomorrow, sorry.

That's better, I've been talking to some of my Anosmia group friends which has bucked me up. Thanks to you all as ever.
I think I'm finding the start to the year frightening as I really don't know if I will ever heal, I know I keep going on about fighting all the time but it doesn't mean it's going to work. I make a lot of daft jokes on this blog sometimes to give my self some positivity, but also so it's not going to depress the hell out of you all.


Thankfully I have people that keep me sane and these are three of them, (apart from the one on the bottom left), being me, and I look insane despite this.







There ya go I'm getting positive again, nothing like a bit of family support to cheer me up. There are
many more supportive and wonderful family and friends out there of course, but this is a cool picture so I thought I'd Share it with you.

However, I think next month, February the 7th to be exact, will be a very testing time for me as that date will be my first Anosmic Anniversary. One year ago on that day, I banged  my head and came round finding I'd lost two of my senses. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say, but be prepared for a few tears on that day, even though you can't see them......no I will not post a photograph of it!
Mulling it over I think I'm coping ok at the moment, for those who haven't read my first few posts have a look and you'll see what I mean.

See you all next post.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete