Friday 15 January 2016

Say Cheese!!

Hello again, unfortunately I'm not starting on the best of notes in this post, but it gets better, honest. 
It was suggested that I make a list of all the things I can eat so here we go....cheese on toast, baked potatoes with cheese, macaroni cheese, cheese and crackers, cheese and cheese. Getting the theme here? However my friends asked me to do this so that when we go round for meals they can cater for what I can manage to eat, which is very thoughtful of them. The problem is what tasted nice last week could taste horrible by the week after.  I don't know why that is but it seems to happen to a lot of Parosmics, and as I have Anosmia too its not exactly straightforward.
Anyway, the other night I had a go at making a sauce to go with the meatballs Ruck had made, and I eventually left the kitchen in a strop because I didn't know if what I was cooking would even taste like bloody food! Then I thought ok, I like cheese and can manage some veg so I'll make cauliflower cheese, which would have been fine if the sauce hadn't turned out like wallpaper paste and was totally inedible. Agh! these are the times when I could scream, throw things, cry or everything at once.
Than to top it all, I caught a cold, attempted to eat a bag of plain crisps which were ok before, and they tasted horrible! I really hope the cold hasn't knocked me back a bit, that would be all I need. Even though its gone now I know it's happened to other sufferers before so its in the back of my mind.
What is going on am I going backwards here?  The problem is these are my thoughts and unfortunately they are not so great sometimes.  I even had a dream that I could smell flowers again which is one of the scents I really miss.
So when I woke up and everything was back to normal, I almost resigned myself to it. Thought, oh so this is how its going to be for the rest of my life....
Then I had an amazing surprise, I walked into my living room that night, where there was a vanilla candle burning and I could smell it! A sweet but not sickly smell, not really strong but definitely a hint of vanilla. Oh that was such a good feeling, and the best bit is its still there, so when I told my family and friends, I was inundated with vanilla candles. Fine by me! Does this mean there are some good changes going on in this treacherous nose of mine?

I just want other nice things to come back now.  How wonderful it would be to be able to taste, and enjoy my Christmas dinner this year, because when my sense of smell starts coming back, my taste should follow suit, so surly a vanilla candle is a good start?
One thing is for sure however, I wouldn't want to keep the current sense of taste I have the disgusting one, remember? What a complex condition this is I want my sense of taste to come back but I want it to go away too if its going to be this horrible forever. Ridiculous.
Anyway to end on a high note, we are going to see my sister and her partner in Crawley next weekend. It's Ruck's birthday this month and as a tradition we always go and celebrate it down there. My sister is a bit crazy, in a nice way, so we'll have a good time, and I can hopefully put the Anosmia to the back of my mind for a while.  Happy Birthday my long suffering husband!












 

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried different cheeses? Which is your favourite ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue cheese is good as its strong and mature cheddar, Same reason.

      Delete

  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete