Saturday 14 November 2015

Share and Share alike!

I'd like to tell you about my husband.......he is so generous that sometimes he lets me share his nose.  I know it sounds crazy, but think about it ....there's a towel that I haven't washed for a bit, or my lovely slob out jumper that I wear all the time.  Well I don't know if they need washing, I cant smell them. So this is where my husbands nose comes in handy! I am constantly asking him 'does this need a wash, do I need a wash?' (Only joking I still know my hygiene)!  What is that horrible, remember my Parosmia, smell in the air? Because I know there's something there, and I want to know its true smell! It's frustrating not to naturally be able to do these things on my own, as when he's out, I have no way of knowing. I feel very vulnerable sometimes, if I forgot to switch the gas hob off, I wouldn't be able to smell it on my own, or if there was a fire I wouldn't be able to smell the smoke.

He has also become a natural at taste testing, as I still attempt to cook oh dear!  The thing is I don't forget how to cook I just have to make sure I don't over do it, with the chilli for example, or how much salt, cumin, herbs, garlic I put in. I'm sure you get the picture! I have since however made a rather enlightening  discovery. The Allium family ( no not Adams family), of vegetables, are awful for me to eat as my parosmia kicks in big style. Onion, garlic, spring onions, chives, the lot, l now can't stand! The problem is also that so many things have onion powder in that I now have to cook from scratch carefully!! Otherwise I'd never eat anything savoury again. But at least now I know one of the triggers, so its avoidable.


My amazing, supportive husband is the only one who can be there to help me with all these situations, as he has to live with it day to day.  Hats off to ya honey xx

5 comments:

  1. Met Rucky the other night and he told us how you found out about the onion thing. Got me looking at labels and cannot believe how much of our processed grub has onion or derivative. Damn glad I do not have this problem but cannot praise the two of you enough for finding out about this DIRTY additive fir you. Keep on keeping 9n.on. Let us hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. karl from kentucky still reading wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Karl, glad to know you're reading this

      Delete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete