Wednesday 18 November 2015

Nobody nose.


I've just realised something that I haven't told you guys about.  It's crazy because it's a really big part of my life now!

Finger against the nose thing......you're probably thinking what? I think the reason I forgot to tell you is that it's become a routine I go through every day.  A bit like washing I suppose, actually nothing like washing, (which I do a lot of these days just in case.....see blog number five for that one)! Let me tell you what I mean.
When this all started my sister bought me an amazing book called 'Season To Taste'. About a women who got Anosmia due to head trauma in a car accident she was involved in.  At the time I didn't want to read it, but in the end I forced myself to, and even though it was very close to home and made me cry a bit it was also a real eye opener as I was going through so many identical things.
In one episode of the book she was talking to an expert in smell deprivation who after doing some tests, said that she may be suffering from Anosmia and Parosmia at the same time, and you couldn't tell unless you smelt from one nostril then the other to see if there was any difference.

Anyway it was quite a revelation when I tried this out as it is exactly what I have, When I pressed down my left nostril I could smell nothing from my right, and so taste nothing either, but when I did it the other way round, pressing down my right nostril, all that I could smell and taste from my left was disgusting  I'm still doing that now it seems to help a bit, what a complex life I lead!  I'm considering trying to plug my left nostril up, (the Parosmic one). Maybe I'll try a nose plug as long as I don't breath it in and choke. Or maybe my husband could invent a nose plug for Parosmics, he could patent it and make a fortune.
Sorry I'm not making light of this at all, but it would be a good thing to have for Parosmics.  I'm sure there must be something out there. I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. Just make sure you put the plug in the right place !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those words of wisdom Kevin :-) x

      Delete
  2. Just make sure you put the plug in the right place !

    ReplyDelete