Friday 1 July 2016

Getting My Head Write!

First of all, no I didn't get my grammar wrong in the heading, I just have a scribbly head at the moment. If you looked into my brain it would look like this photograph.
That's what my writing looks like anyway but my brain is trying to match it! My husband tells me my brain goes a million miles an hour, so how do I calm it?
I'm doing it now, I write, that's what I do, what I've always done I suppose really. Starting with lyrics, cute rhymes in family Birthday cards, this blog and I'll let you into a little secret, a children's book which I'm currently working on. Am I good enough? Who knows, but I'm certainly going to give it a try. Is it good for me? Yes. Because I think if I didn't write it I'd scream it, not such a good idea I suppose, the neighbours wouldn't be very impressed!

I haven't written a single line about Anosmia yet because had I not started with the above chatter the rest of this post wouldn't have made sense.....sense get it, oh dear I'm at it again with the bad jokes. Anyway we've been on our holidays to our favourite Greek Island of Kefalonia. The last time I went I didn't have Anosmia so it was a bit of a shock to the system getting off the plane to blank very hot air.  No smell you see, it used to be a kind of warm olive smell if you can get that.......sort of like heated up grass and leaves and countryside. I loved that smell and I have to admit missed it when it wasn't there this time, it did make me sad.
I'm pleased to say however that I ate quite well, I learnt how to say "no onions please" in Greek, as you'll probably remember if you've read any of my previous posts, onions make my Parosmia kick in, and taste disgusting. Funnily enough the word onion in Greek is pronounced 'cremmudia', (not spelt like that though), which kept making me think of cream which I can eat but not in that case! Being able to have no onion in my food helped though as some savoury food is palatable these days, and the sweet pastries were yum, even to me!

So all in all we had a good time because some things hadn't changed like the lovely Greek friends we'd made over there and met up with again, or the beautiful scenery, or the guaranteed hot sunshine, the stunning coloured butterflies, the warm emerald sea, there I feel better already.
Life is still a challenge, and when I came home the reality was still there waiting for me and the rain didn't help aghh the English Summer! There are still daily struggles and challenges. For example my hubby, Ruck, was out and I wanted a strong espresso coffee which I have with a tiny bit of condensed milk for sweetness, but all I had was what had been in the fridge from before we went away so.....yep I risked it and used it because I couldn't tell if it was off or not, but my tummy told me later that it definitly was. Hence quite a few trips to the bathroom that day, sorry too much information, but I was ok after a good clear out! Life can't be that bad if I can joke about it sometimes I suppose!
So until next time 'yassas'!

5 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you as I wade through my garden, I can't even fathom not being able to have the senses aroused. It's funny, we don't know each other, and yet many times since I first came across your story I find you in my thoughts. I can only wish for you to get better and enjoy life to the fullest again. IF its any consolation you are touching lives. Good Luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Theresa, what a lovely thing to say. Yes it's good to know that I'm touching people's lives as that was one of the reasons for starting this blog. You are very kind.

      Delete
  2. Your story is funny, real, interesting, and has an emotional appeal that kept me reading. You asked for feedback on Google Plus, so I would only say that your grammar, syntax, and punctuation need some work. Nevertheless, readers will still read a writer's work if the message has an appeal of some sort, which yours certainly does. Happy writing, and good luck to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. It's well received. I'm a new writer so yep my grammar does need a bit of sorting out!

      Delete

  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete