Friday 11 December 2015

Christmas is coming but I'm not getting fat!

Well folks its on its way....a bit weird coz last year I could smell and taste my Christmas dinner.  My family do a mean Christmas dinner, so I'll feel like I'm missing out a bit......well a lot!
I can't actually believe it's been ten months since I've had Anosmia.
 
I'm sitting here looking at our lovely Christmas tree. We always buy a real one but I can't smell it this year. I do remember the wonderful pine smell so that's something I suppose.
My lovely family are rallying around for me this Christmas, on Christmas Day my brother in law is going to have a go at making gravy from scratch so that there's no risk of onion powder in it from the stock cubes......onions = yuck! And on Boxing Day my mum and dad are doing a hot buffet so I can eat what I know I can manage. Lucky bugger really aren't I.
I still want chocolate because psychologically it'll help. I am not going to act like a victim at this time of year and spoil it for everyone else as they've all been so supportive and brilliant.
I can still get excited about presents I can still enjoy all of the Christmas lights, and most importantly of all, I can still enjoy being around family and good friends.

 
Eddie - too much vino I think!
Including festive season cats like Eddie, my sisters cat, one of three in fact.

And of course not forgetting Doodie our cat, who'll get spoiled rotten as usual! No pics of him though he's too much of a scaredy cat, bad joke again. Anyway he's ginger and white and very cute.  I will get a picture of him on this blog one day if he'll stay still for long enough!

Well fat certainly won't be on the menu this year ha, ha that's another bad joke of mine....oh dear. As you all know I have a problem with that these days, remember 'skinny little me' post?
And scented candles will be interesting but they'll still look nice. Smell of food cooking, nope not going to happen, unless my Parosmia kicks in at which point I'll be sticking my nose in a glass of Amaretto, which I can still manage. Hick whoops!! Oh and by the way I had Christmas lunch with my colleges today, a bit anxious on that one? You bet!  However I told myself not to worry about the food aspect of things and focus instead on the lovely atmosphere and good company. So guess what it worked!
Listen to me being all positive, not bad eh? Possibly a bit of bravado in there I'll let you know on that one, but I'm doing ok I think. You'll get a few more posts out of me before the big event so we'll find out together ok.

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear you on this upper platform. Keep it up. We will all help where we can and just think , you can kiss all those fellers and not worry about their orrible after shave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm better than I expected to be with Christmas being round the corner. Will see you before then when we drop in your card X

      Delete
  2. i used to find it very frustrating especially at Christmas time when i could not taste and people around me were gorging themselves with good food. it took me six years to come back to normal. though i cross my fingers..i truly hope one day that you get better. these senses are so important, and not many people seem to take it seriously; which is also part of the misery. anyhow i'm not here to complain about myself; you are doing fine by posting on facebook and even having your own website..soon i will like to sing for blogger and also have my site here.. continue to have faith, you are doing fine reaching out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello thanks for your comments, if you've got it back after six years there must be hope for me yet. Please keep feeding back its vert encouraging

      Delete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC their website is(www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete